The Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) is a member of the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the most active authority for professional substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery credentialing in Michigan.
Membership in the IC&RC requires a commitment to adhere to international standards that ensure competence in professionals providing substance abuse services. The IC&RC’s membership currently includes more than 77 boards in the United States, Indian Health Services, U. S. Military, U. S. Federal Court Administrators and numerous foreign countries including Canada, Sweden, Bermuda, Germany, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Spain and Mexico.
The IC&RC reciprocal certifications we currently offer are:
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)
- Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS)
- Certified Prevention Consultant - Reciprocal (CPC-R)
- Certifed Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP)
- Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional (CCDP)
- Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional - Diplomat (CCDP-D)
Certification is reciprocal with other IC&RC member boards that offer the above noted credentials. Similar, older, non-reciprocal credentials are also recognized in Michigan, mainly for professionals who gained their credentials before October 2008.